Bacon Makes Me Happy

Standard

Last Sunday, John made us miserable but today he made us happy. ūüôā One of the things that he said that stood out to me was this:

“The world promises a lot, but delivers little.”

Isn’t that the truth? We love to be given gifts and pampered and showered with adoration and praise – we think THAT is what makes us happy. But God gives a much better picture of happiness:

“Blessed is the man¬†who¬†walks not in¬†the counsel of the wicked,¬†nor stands in¬†the way of sinners,¬†nor¬†sits in¬†the seat of¬†scoffers;¬†but his¬†delight is in the law¬†of the¬†Lord,¬†and on his¬†law he meditates day and night.¬†He is like¬†a tree¬†planted by¬†streams of water¬†that yields its fruit in its season,¬†and its¬†leaf does not wither.¬†In all that he does, he prospers.” (Psalm 1:1-3)

We also think that being skinny will make us happy. But today, Oreo Balls and Holiday Bacon Appetizers made ME happy – at least temporarily. Here is the link for those of you who asked:

FN_Thanksgiving-Live-Ree-Holiday-Bacon-Appetizer_s4x3_lg

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/holiday-bacon-appetizers-recipe/index.html

They don’t look too pretty, but they were tasty!

Food log today – cottage cheese and one scrambled egg for breakfast, and about 10 almonds. Lunch – 4 oz meatloaf (made with 96% lean ground beef), 1/2 of a baked potato with a Laughing Cow swiss cheese (you can have TWO for ONE point!), green beans. A 1X2 slice of Tim’s birthday cake. Supper…finger foods at our Care Group meeting. I had 3 of the bacon appetizers, some pita chips and hummus, two boneless Wild Wings, some carrots, and a naked Oreo Ball (no chocolate coating – probably cut the calories by a little bit!) ūüôā Not a great food day. Oh, well – tomorrow is another day.

Advertisements

2 responses »

  1. Hi, Carla,

    Some days are better than others. My doctor told me that something he goes by for health (not necessarily weight loss) is to eat ‘right’ 80% of the time. I also used to work with someone that ate extremely healthy at lunch. I commented on it one time and she said that she ate healthy during the week so that if she went out on the weekend and splurged, she was ok with it. I enjoy your writing!

    • I’ve heard that same thing. I’m just afraid that the 20% of the time I might go nuts and ruin the other 80% of the time. ūüėČ It’s hard being balanced…thanks for reading!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s